Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm feeling like I might have bitten off more than I can chew.

Today after church service and the congregational meeting, a few of us stuck around and decorated the altar to slightly resemble a bee hive. Before we left this morning, I mentioned to John that I'd like to do something "fun" next weekend, like, say.. go to Itchetucknee and go tubing. He agreed. Now, I'm back tracking. Once I realized I'd be gone from 7am until 10pm every day this week, i realized I will want down time on Saturday. Sunday, we will be having the 10th anniversary celebration for our church's preschool. Being the oh so involved member that I am, volunteered the Chappell family for setting up and taking down the fellowship hall tables, bringing food AND I agreed to head up games. WHAT was I thinking? I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed now, as I realize I haven't prepared very well for this week's VBS music (up next, after blogging) then of course the rehearsal on Thursday. I found the time to go over the music once, and I am feeling way out of my league. I'm hoping once I get back into an orchestra environment that a lot of "it" will come back. It's not like I haven't been playing, I just haven't been playing this type of music.

I think once I get past this week, then I can really focus on the music for Trinity.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne!

Maybe there will be enough 'other' help so you won't have to help take down tables and chairs. We got it all set up today with the extra help of Robbie and Jennifer Pate. Emily is going to help take down since she didn't show up at first this a.m. Of course,my undying thanks for all you are doing!

The musical stuff---well, I am confident that it will come back to you quickly and will be a welcome release for your talents!

Thanks greatly!

Kim