Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nothing since Easter, really???

I can't believe I haven't posted anything since the Saturday before Easter! I can't sit here now, and 11:40 at night and type too long, I really do have to get up and work tomorrow!

I have been so busy, it's insane! Work wise, that is! By the end of the day, I'm so tired, I don't do much of anything "after work". I have a pile of Hannah Montana birthday invitations that I have to fill out and get sent out to our intended guests in the next few days, so that everyone can plan accordingly for THE party of the year! Yes, we're planning Hanna's birthday party! May 2nd 2pm, mark your calendars!

This is going to seem an odd post, especially since I've yet to say anything about Easter. I just wanted to take a few minutes and post SOMETHING, so I'm including a picture of my frog. He's not MY frog, really, but I call him that, since he's been in my little pond since sometime in September. I think he showed up around September, maybe earlier. I think I took him away from Jack, the my special "boy". Jack was the yellow lab I had, and sadly had to have him euthanized last October. (Shh, the kids think he went to live with of friend of Hughey's) He kinda did, Hugh took him to his property and buried him next to his pony that he had for since Santa brought him when he was 6 years old. "Black" as he was called, died just about a year or so ago. Hugh is 46 years old.. can you imagine?? Back to "Frog"... Jack came around the side of the house like he always did, one day with a frog hanging out of his mouth by the leg, same ol, same ol, and I took it, and put it in the pond! This frog stuck around, and we saw him often. When it got cold over the winter, I did not clean out the pond, but let it go "yucky" green, so I wouldn't disturb him. I didn't want to dump the pond, and the frog get too cold, and go off somewhere and die! The weekend before Easter, you may recall I did lots of sprucing up in the yard, including cleaning out the pond. John wants me to drop a chlorine tablet into the water to keep it clear, but I'm afraid if I do that, the frog will die for sure! Can't have that! This morning, as I went into Daniel's bedroom to open the blinds, and check on my hummingbird feeder, I peeped out, and saw him! Mr.Frog was sunning himself! Here he is for you to enjoy, hopefully as much as I enjoy him!

2 comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Sorry it has been so busy, I have been running around like a crazy woman as well. I love the pic of Mr. Frog, he is so cute.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Oh, how nice to have a posting from you! Mr. Frog might be able to tolerate the chlorine, I would try it. This is from the woman who cannot give medicine to her cat....

Hugs,

Kim