Friday, July 3, 2009

Restriction is just that!

My precious, innocent boy is on restriction! He has taken up the bad habit of biting his sister, and the great offense took place again this morning. I think Hanna has cornered him so many times, his only defense is to bite. In any case, it's not acceptable! John told him earlier in the week, the next time he bites, he will spend the rest of the day in his room. Of course, he had to do it early this morning, so it's going to be a LONG day in his room. I was just outside cleaning the pool, and checking it's chemical balance, and Hanna came out to chat with me. During that time, Daniel came out to ask if he could come outside. I replied, "Nope, you're on restriction in your room. Go back to your room." He stood there, and pleaded, "But I don't want to be in my room all day." I explained again, "Daddy said, next time you bite, you spend the whole rest of the day in your room, and that's where you'll be!" It's really not fair, that I had to lay down the law, and John is off visiting with his mother this afternoon, and I have to be the sheriff! Feels like I'm restricted too! No fair!

I'm beginning to think I should just put him in a padded room, or make him wear one of those blow up sumo wrestler costumes. He's still wearing a bandage on his leg from the ice cream dish, but I think that might be about ready to come off this weekend. Yesterday, they were goofing around, and Hanna picked him up and dropped him on his head. When she dropped him, he bit his tongue in two places. The day before, she picked him up, lost her balance, and plowed his head into the only corner on my kitchen cabinets. I told her, the next time you pick up your brother, you're restricted to your room!

Both of them seem to think you can do whatever you want, as long as you plead apologies after the offense. Not so, my children! I hear both of the coming towards me screaming, one in pain, the other, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

I'm sorry, but you're on restriction! Now go! Oh, it's a long, hot summer...

2 comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Yep sounds like your on restriction as well.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

It already has been a long summer for you, and for your kids!!! Were they normally in day care during the summer? If so, that might be why they have troubles amusing themselves now, left to their own devices....

When Justin was put on restriction, it was as much a punishment for us as for him, especially if it was "no screens"!! Even the babysitters were punished for his sins!

Hugs,

Kim