Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our camping may be in jeopardy for the week...

I'm a little bit worried about our plans for camping this week. I've had it planned for about three weeks, we'll be going camping Thursday through Saturday this week. I've been keeping an eye on the weather, and it finally looks like the rain might just stay away on Friday, or be spotty at best! However, John came home from work yesterday and said he felt horrible. Sunday afternoon, he got real quiet, and said he had a headache, and didn't feel so great. He sat quietly for awhile, and went to bed early, and said he was feeling a little better. Until he came home yesterday! He said his headache was back, he was all stuffed up, and his throat was scratchy! Oh no! A cold! There's nothing worse for a cold then sleeping in the night air! He can't be sick! He just can't! He also said, he was probably going to have to work on Friday, but he'd take the work truck to the campground and leave from there. Not a problem! The kids and I will just find ways to entertain ourselves, either playing games or hiking.

He's excited that he's working on a house close to home... it's 20-25 minutes at the most! Much better than the last few months when he was working up in Yulee and Fernandina Beach, and it took him an hour and a half to get home. He's working on a "small home", only about 18000 square feet! No, not a type-o. I didn't add too many zeroes. That really is eighteen thousand square feet! That's like our whole street rolled into one home! Since this "home" is so close, I'm hoping to be able to do a walk through like I sometimes do on the weekends, when he's working on the really cool houses. At least with a home that size, it's work for awhile. I keep hearing John say, "I should have work at least through June, then we'll see." Not sure what that means, or if there's something going on at the shop that I should worry about, but I'm thankful he's got this latest mansion to work on! I certainly will not complain if he tells me he has to work, when there are some people that don't have that opportunity these days.

No comments: