Sunday, March 8, 2009

One more thing...

I do have to post one more thing that I forgot about our weekend. This is especially funny to my church friends that "FB" and saw Jennifer's post about buying worms. I had gone to WalMart and purchased worms for our trip on Friday after my doctor's appointment. The best way to preserve worms is to keep them refrigerated. After our day Saturday, we weren't sure if we'd be going again Sunday morning, and possibly we'd be giving them to Uncle Bud to use for fishing Sunday afternoon. When John and I went to bed Saturday night, we thought if we'd left them out on the table, as they'd been all afternoon, maybe a critter would come into camp and raid the container of worms. So, I picked them up and put them in the fridge overnight. They're in a sealed container, it's perfectly fine!

Sunday morning while Hanna was getting dressed we saw something on the floor in the camper. It was a worm. Hmmm.. how'd he get there? I tossed him out the door. About 30 minutes later, I went into the camper to get something.. another worm. Weird, how are they getting out? Daniel came into the camper, and we were looking at something, there was another one! I opened the refrigerator door, and there was dirt all inside the bottom shelf, and there were worms stuck to the inside of the door! The lid was not very tight, and they were escaping. John is a little puzzled as to HOW they were getting out of the fridge, thinking the seal on the door should be tighter than that.. but I wasn't surprised! It comes off easily for cleaning.

Eventually, I handed Daniel the container of worms, and told him to go dump them out in the woods. He said, we wished he could keep one in a cage! Don't worry, when I got home, I took my bottle of ammonia and sprayed the inside of the fridge and wiped it out really well, even pulled out the shelves and sprayed them! No worm germs in there now!

3 comments:

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne,

Let me say this about worms in the fridge: EWWWWWWW! How much do worms cost anyway? I cannot even imagine the horror of worms having the run of the house, or trailer, as the cast might be! I wonder if that cover had help getting loosened.....hmmm?

Jennifer will go and check her farm to make sure all are accounted for!

Hugs,

Kim

Suzanne Chappell said...

Worms in the fridge are like bats in the coffee pot!

Ha!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne!

Oh, you got me again! Having me laughing alone in my house!!!!

Hugs,

Kim