Saturday, March 14, 2009

What a day!



Today, I started off my day with a two hour drive to Ocala, with friends from church, as well as my mother in law, Judy. We went to a sister church, Abiding Hope, to attend the Lutheran Women's Missionary Society Spring Rally! It was such a nice rally. The guest speaker today was Pastor Zieman, who spoke on our synod's efforts (especially his) in the middle east. Pastor Zieman is our military services rep for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as other places. I will write much more about that later! It was a very moving presentation! I also had a great time with the ladies, even if Janet did make fun of the yard in Waldo with the stuff on the fence!

When I returned home I had plans to go see some puppies! I saw them, and came home with one. It was so hard to chose which puppy I wanted to bring home. They had a skinny little girl who was very very active, and they had a short, chunky little girl, who was a little more subdued, and could barely get up on their sofa! That's the dog for me! The "calm" one. I say "calm", because she is a rough coat, Jack Russell. JR's are not calm dogs, and require strict discipline and rules, and lots of exercise! She is so sweet. Hanna wants to call her Annie. The other choices she offered up, were Anna and Barbie. So far, we're sticking with Annie, but John's not thrilled with the name. I'm leaning maybe towards Peanut! Callie is taking well to her, and she is such a little bundle of joy. She will be quite the little camper, no doubt!

Like anything exciting in our lives, it came with a hiccup! My precious new furr baby gets car sick! It didn't take long for her mouth to start watering like crazy in the car. At first, I thought she was just thirsty, because she was panting quite a bit when we left her old house. The owner had the puppies running around like mad, chasing a laser pointer! There's a sight.. three little JR puppies, chasing a red light around on the floor. Half way down Blanding Blvd, she threw up on the seat next to me. Eww! Her first impression to John was not too good! I'm hoping tomorrow makes a better day! I have an crate for her to spend the night next to Callie, and I'm hoping Callie will help calm her throught the night. I'll let you know tomorrow how our night goes!

2 comments:

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne,

Yes, we did have a great day with our ride to the Rally and the great speaker there. I have been looking 'round my house for things to donate to the fence on 218, since I am going out that way today! Sorry, I just had to say it....

I do not know what to say about the dog...When I got home yesterday, I laid down and watched an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond", not a regular viewer. The dad, Ray, brought home a bull dog and was more occupied with the dog than with helping his wife locate one of their missing twin toddlers! They had three kids, her hair was all pulled out and the last thing they needed was a dog! I don't know how it ended because it was time to leave for Ruby Tuesday....

That's all I can say about the dog....

Barks and barf,

Kim

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Glad you had a great Saturday away from the house. You deserve a break (an now I am singing the Mcdonald's song in my head..hahahaha:) Love the puppy she is so adorable.

Sorry I left so abruptly after the shuttle, I wanted to get a pic of the remnants since I forgot my darn camera and I thought I left Ginger in the back yard:}